Monday 16 July 2007

PDP Meeting

For those of you that don't know, PDPs are Personal Development Plans, and anyone who has to go through them will tell you that they are a pain in the neck! ;-)

But as I said yesterday, I was having my PDP meeting today and that I would update you on how it went. What basically happens is that I put my portfolio together - this is a file of evidence to show that I have kept up with the prescribed standards - and show this to my line manager, whereupon we then spend nearly two hours talking about it!!!

Everybody complains about it, but I have to say that it does help people to know that they are up to standard (or not as the case may be!) and what they have to do in order to maintain those standards and go further.

In any case, my meeting seemed to go well, the boss is happy with what I am doing and thinks that I am up to scratch! Which is nice to know of course! Based on how the year went and what I want to do next, what happens then is goals are set for the following year along with any personal development needs. This year, though, I am mostly concentrating on getting the library service through it's assessment (a bit like Ofsted for libraries) and picking up anything else along the way!!

No comments: