Thursday 26 July 2007

ahhhhhhhh

There is something to be said for clearing out your desk at work!!

Anyone who knows me will also know that I am not the tidiest person in the world. So, it is rather startling when I suddenly decide that I have had enough of my overflowing desk and would rather not feel hemmed in by files and paper and other whatnots!

I am pleased to say that I have nearly finished and I think that I have about two square foot of clear desk space now, so perhaps I can achieve something now. ;-) In mitigation I have to say that the library does not have a lot of office space for staff, so we have to be creative about managing our own space.

Of course, my fit of tidying has brought on a spate of tidying across the office - everybody has cleared out their desks and have rearranged computers, monitors, etc, to make more room for themselves. I think that it says something though that I am still going when the others have finished!! (not that I am too finicky, but that I was too untidy in the first place!!) My other excuse is that being the manager, I have more paperwork to wade through, so naturally it takes longer....hmmmmmm...excuses, excuses!

Anyhow, I have now actually begun to use that strangely underused filing cabinet under my desk and now that I have a neat desk, let's hope that I can keep it this way! Perhaps I have been converted, yet I doubt it for my messy tendencies are never far away.

No comments: