Sunday 22 July 2007

LibraryThing!

For those of you that have never heard of it - I hereby introduce LibraryThing!! To be found at www.librarything.com and if you look at the bottom of my blog, you can find a random selection of books from my very own LibraryThing, so that you can see what kind of books I read!

Anyway - to explain what LibraryThing is - you can catalogue your books here!!! It may seem a bit geeky to some of you, but to those that have what feels like a million books littering the house, it is a really really good idea! Plus of course, it appeals to the Librarian in me!!

Basically it is a web-based book catalogue, but at the same time it is more than that as you can see who is reading the same sort of books as you and browse their catalogue to see what you might like to read next. I suppose you could call it a MySpace for booklovers!

In any case, I haven't yet finished adding my collection to LibraryThing, so I had better get on with it!! ;-) At the moment though, I am on 213 books and still going strong!

And just to finish off - a huge thanks to Dad for creating wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling shelves for me so that I can bring all my books out of their boxes and arrange them in my study!

No comments: