Monday 8 October 2007

The weekend

Well, the weekend just gone was lovely. The weather was glorious and we all had a good time. Some of us were down at my parents house for the weekend after Matt's graduation (Matt himself stayed in Chichester as he had things to do including his graduation ball!).

Marielle wasn't at the graduation, so she and my lovely little nephew and niece were to arrive later that morning, so we generally had a quiet morning following a cooked breakfast (one of the things that I always look forward to when visiting M&D - marmite on breakfast chips, yum!)

Saturday afternoon we popped into town (I bought myself a hardback notebook so that I could write all about my Australian holiday!) and spent some time on the beach - we never spend time on the beach in Hastings, it just doesn't seem to be something that we do!

Sunday was just as nice, I spent a couple of hours in the morning visiting an old school friend - we've known each other since we were about six!! Then, after a tasty roast dinner we all went down to Alexandra park in Hastings. Once again the sun was shining and was generally chased around the park, found pine cones, watched the squirrels, had a cup of tea, coffee or ice-cream.

All in all a rather genteel weekend with lots to laugh about.

No comments: