Wednesday 3 October 2007

Bloomin' drivers!!

Now, I most certainly would not call myself an excellent driver, after all, I too make mistakes and the occasional error of judgement.

But sometimes, I do wonder just how good a driver the average person on the street is!! I mean, some days, I have moments when I think that I couldn't possibly raise my eyebrows any higher and yet I do!!!

Today for instance...someone stopped at the entrance to a roundabout to let someone out of the car! Then a few minutes later a bus pulled out of a roundabout in front of me - didn't the driver realise that he wasn't in a fast car that could do that? And don't get me started on people who sit in the middle lane of the motorway and there is nothing else on the road for miles!!

Oh I don't know, some times I see some really silly things and that just makes me all the more determined to watch out for the loonies on the road!! ;-)

By the way, it looks as though I am not going to get my replacement wing mirror until next week. So I have to drive around with a taped up mirror, which only makes me wince every time I look at it and want to put a big sign on the car that says "it wasn't me!"

Addendum: Thursday 4th October: I have decided after all, that I am definitely a good (or at least better than average) driver!! I came across two more idiots last night (my eyebrows hit the stratosphere this time!). One driver decided that he was king of the road and didn't need to consider anything other than where he wanted to go - you should have seen the chaos he caused as he pulled out onto two different roundabouts and caused trouble for those coming round the roundbout, and he also weaved across a three lane section of road without indicating because he didn't know which entrance he needed for the roundabout!

This was all followed up by another driver about two minutes later who decided to sit in the fast lane of the dual carriageway (no other driver in sight apart from me) and was not going to move over, so I had to illegally undertake him - grrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Bloomin' drivers! Deaf people shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel ;-)
(Wait... did I miss the point?)