Sunday 29 June 2008

Laptop!!

Woohoo, I am rather excited!! Show and Tell this week is allllll about the new laptop!

As you can see, it has a red cover, which distinguishes it from the black ones that everyone else in the family seems to have (although Andy may have a silver one, I can't actually remember!!), still at least if I need to leave in a hurry then I know that I can just grab the red one!!


Anyway, it has been a while in coming - I have wanted a laptop since forever as you get so much more freedom with a laptop (which is the point of course!), I can show off my photos without having to cram everyone into my third bedroom, I can curl up on the armchair and chat to Mum while watching Dr Who (as I was doing last night - how dare Dr Who leave us all on a cliff hanger!!), I can take my laptop to my brothers house and go online without having to wait my turn on his laptop!!


As you may recall from earlier posts, I had great difficult in choosing which laptop to get, as you can see I eventually ended up with a Dell Inspiron 1525 and so far so good, it's light on the lap and fast on the internet! What was also rather good is that the laptop was very much plug and play - I just had to plug it into the wall, open it up, turn it on, do a few bits of setting up and then away I went, I didn't have to add any software or mess about with the settings too much, I was online about five minutes after I'd unpacked it all!!

P.S. If you were looking my weekly faith based question (that I get from Christian Women Online) yesterday - I have set up a new faith blog so that you can read it if you want to, after all, not all of you may be interested in my faith journey, anyway that's where you'll find yesterdays question!

12 comments:

Kim said...

I love my lap top, I have had great luck with Dell's (I have had 2) I hope that you enjoy it!!
Thanks for sharing and your comment.
Kim

Arian said...

That's a very wonderful laptop! I love my Dell's. Grats on your new toy! I bet you have been on it all day!

Cricket said...

My laptop is a Dell, too, but mine's boring black. Congrats on your new toy.

Mine's up, too.

Lee said...

Mmmmm..... new laptop!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I get analysis paralysis when I try to decide on a new computer. So glad you like yours -- it's beautiful!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I have the same one! In midnight blue :-)

Joanna said...

Its so much fun to get a new toy isnt it?

Have fun!

Wishing 4 One said...

Sam that is an AWESOME laptop, LOVE the color! I have a Toshiba Satellite 17 inch multimedia, blah blah fancy laptop. NEVER EVER buy a Toshiba, they overheat like crazy! Anyway my next one I think will be a Dell, Sony or HP. I will research before bying, wish I would have on this one, oh well. Congrats on your new one looks GREAT!

Sam said...

Thanks to all for the congrats on the new laptop - yes I am loving it!!

I just had to say, Lori - I love "analysis paralysis" - am going to use that phrase in future!! ;-)

Z said...

Oh! Red! So pretty!!!

Stopped by from AllMediocre to say hello :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is Kim (weekly meme writer at the Internet Cafe). I just now finally read your email to me. I too have recognized the problem with the weekly meme. I really only send my questions to Amy the blog owner. I hope that she will be able to fix the problem soon. Blessings, and thanks for writing...

Alice said...

WOOT! That's a very nice red laptop! I love my HP too but I'm worried because recently it has gone silent on me. There's no sound coming out of it... I need to look into that.