Thursday 27 November 2008

Thanksgiving

This seemed like a good way to do a post - as seen on Chocolate on my Cranium.

And so in honour of the American Thanksgiving (and those hundreds, nay, thousands of bloggers that are writing something thankful today!), I say that I am thankful.....

Thankful that my brother is coming home from India on Sunday week, I haven't seen him for ages!

Happy and thankful for all those memories of family holidays, I don't think that there was a bad one in the batch at all!

And I am thankful that I was able to adopt Phoebe cat from the Cat Protection Society almost three years ago (doesn't time fly!), especially when she curls up on the bit of my tummy or chest that is not covered up by a laptop!!

Naturally I am thankful for all those things that mean I can live well, a job, a house, a car, and the education that got me there!

Kindness is always something to be thankful for, so thank you for those that think to help others, those that always smile and say hello in passing, those that do not expect anything in return for what they do.

Freedom is definitely something to be thankful for, particularly as it is not really something that I think about, but truly, I am free to work, free to wear trousers, free to live the way I want to, free to complain if I need to (!), and free to be me!!

Unlimited thanks are definitely required for my parents who manage to put up with me and my ways! ;-)

Last but not least, I am thankful that I can listen to Christmas music!! I finally gave in and decided to put a Celine Dion CD on in the car - "poppy" enough that it is not quite like listening to carols too early!!

And on the penultimate day of ICLW I left comments on the following....

The Fertile Infertile
Noemi
Woman Anyone
Between the Lines
Bella And Her Fella
emilythehopeless
Kicking You From the Inside
Meepit On Parade
Get Pregnant
Unquestionable Love
Birds and Squirrell
Our Own Creation
The Binky Diaries
Communique
Conceive This!

3 comments:

..al said...

Well, happy thanksgiving to you too!

And what a wonderful way of framing that post!

Sunny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying a long holiday weekend.
I love your "thankful" list!

Petrucia said...

Aren't adopted kitties the best?
My cats also came from a shelter. They are awesome. And they inspired me to voluteer at a shelter as well, so sometimes I do that.
I like your list of thankfulness. :) And I have already oficially started the holiday music... I just love it.