Sunday 20 January 2008

Planning, planning and more planning!

Just how much can I plan for a holiday in Australia!!? I am doing so much research at the moment that it is getting a bit daft, but having said that, I have relatively little time in each city that I want to be able to know what I am doing as soon as I check into the hotel.

There is no point getting to the hotel and then deciding what to do, which is why I love the internet, I can plan bus times, book tickets and generally find out what is what! That way, I should be able to fill each and every day with something good! I have been using a couple of travel advice websites and have found some good information.

For instance, I wanted to do at least one good walk that would give me some flavour of Sydney and I have found quite a lot of walks available, but the one that most people seem to recommend is the Spit Bridge to Manly, so I have now discovered the right bus to get to Spit Bridge and the ferry that will take me back from Manly to Circular Quay which is where my hotel is near.

At the moment, I am focusing on Sydney and have hardly begun to look at Adelaide, Melbourne or the Whitsundays. The Whitsundays I am not so bothered about as that will be my last few days on holiday where I shall laze on the beach or go snorkeling! But I need to look at Adelaide and Melbourne - not long to go now!!

I just love planning a holiday like this, it really adds to the anticipation, although I think that my colleagues at work are going to have to peel me off the ceiling by the time the last week comes around!!

No comments: