Friday 11 January 2008

Classics

I've always felt that I don't read enough of the classics and as I already have some on my shelves (*) I thought that I would take advantage of this and read them!!

By the way - should anyone quibble about what constitutes a classic, I have decided to go with the list of classics as mentioned in LibraryThing - clearly if the majority of readers have decided that it is a classic, then who am I to argue!
  • Robinson Crusoe* by Daniel Defoe
  • Robin Hood* by Howard Pyle
  • Around the world in 80 days* by Jules Verne
  • Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  • The once and future king by T.H.White
  • The age of innocence by Edith Wharton
  • The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  • Silas Marner by George Eliot

1 comment:

Matthew said...

*Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde by RLS
*Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
*Jane Ayre by Charlotte Bronte
*Star Maker by Olaf Stapledon
*A Scanner Darkly by PKD
*Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by PKD
*Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
*Travels in the Scriptorium by Paul Auster
*In The Country of Last Things by Paul Auster
*Dispatches by Michael Herr
*Junky by William Burroughs
*WE by Yevgeny Zemyatin