Tuesday 19 August 2008

TwentyFive!?

For some reason I decided to check my feedburner statistics and I discovered that I actually have 25, yes twentyfive, subscribers to my blog!

Now, of course, that means absolutely nothing to Dooce or Blogography or my personal favourite, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, or, in fact, anyone else out there!! Having said that, I am quietly chuffed that I even have one subscriber let alone 25!!

At the same time, however, it's ever so slightly scary - who are you people? Do you actually enjoy reading my blog? Now I actually have to think of interesting things to say in order to keep my ever so tiny, but vitally important, readership happy! But then there starts the slippery slope of blogging in order to retain readers rather than blogging because it is what I want to do.

I think that you can all rest assured that I am not about to start glorifying this insignificant little blog - somedays I'll be interesting, somedays I'll be boring, funny, grumpy - you name it, at some point I will probably be it, but right now....I am on holiday, which is why you are getting prescheduled posts all week that manage to tell you absolutely nothing of interest!

By the way - any burglars about - the cat is one fierce moggy and I wouldn't even try!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I don't subscribe. But I don't subscribe to anything. I just click on my favorites list. It's much easier and less complex for me. I also don't believe I am being subscribed to on my blog, since I don't have feedburner. =)

Mrs. Spit said...

I subscribe. And I like hearing what you have to say. And hello, you sent chocolate. That's enough to ensure my undying loyalty.

Anonymous said...

I am one of your subscribers. 25 sounds pretty good to me.

But you are right about taking care not to lose sight of the real joy of blogging. I take no notice of statistics cos I worry they will influence how or what I write. I feel tempted sometimes and wonder if I have lurkers or whatever. But I think it is best to be oblivious.

But it is heartening, isn't it, to know that people read?

Beautiful Mess said...

*new to your blog* I don't subscribe, but I just read for the first time today and I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Write what your thinking and "your readers" will smile, laugh, cry, and/or get mad with ya. That's what I do anyway... Have a great one!
-D