Friday 15 August 2008

Satisfying!

Well.

Yesterday's tidyup of the study was supremely satisfying, I even went through several old folders and threw away (or shredded like a sensible girl!) lots of old paperwork. I found some interesting things too, like old newspaper clippings or poems written by old school friends!!

When the room was clear, I gave it an overdue hoovering and then tried to rearrange the room slightly in order to accommodate the foldout bed that was in the guest bedroom as I want to get a wardrobe and chest of drawers for that room. After much shoving and pulling I got the desk underneath the window, but once I got the bed in the room it was just too cramped, so I put the desk back to where it came from and put the bed next to the window instead and that seems to work ok.

It's not brilliant, but if I wanted to get more furniture for the guest bedroom (not for the guests you understand, but my ever increasing need for more clothes space!! ha ha!!) then I needed to get the foldout bed out of that room. I am sure that you are all quite eager to see what the room looks like now.....




Plus a photograph of what my room looks like from underneath the desk!! All those books stretch waaaaay up to the ceiling!! (Thanks to Dad for building me such a fab bookcase!)

8 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Wow, looks spectacular. ..

Anonymous said...

Wow, need to get your dad round to come and do me a bookcase! He's done a good job!

Oh, sorry forgot to mention your hard work! Looks fab! Hope it motivates you to do your studying! Well done on getting on the course!

Heather said...

I am so envious of that enormous book case, you lucky woman!

Alice said...

Wow, your dad build a great bookshelf! Love the pics and what a noticeboard full of stuff! :D

Lesley said...

I am soooo jealous of that bookshelf. All my books are doubled up on groaning shelves and piled up on every surface.....Neeeed a good floor to ceiling bookshelf. Does your dad do home visits in emergencies??

Lesley x

Melody said...

Ooh, I love your bookshelf!!

Tess said...

Looks lovely!!! Isn't it fun to organize? I just moved around all the furniture in my little library - though I think the cats are even more thrilled than I am with the results *g*.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from IComLeavWe...

The room looks great! So orderly. I hope it gave you a wonderful sense of satisfaction. :)