Tuesday 5 February 2008

Book Meme

I have come across yet another book meme, this time found at The Vampire Librarian and I thought that it was rather fun so I shall give it a go and pass it on to a few more people!

The rules of this particular meme are:

1) Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)

2) Open the book to page 123

3) Find the fifth sentence

4) Post the next three sentences

5) Tag five people

As I was at work when I happened to read the Vampire Librarian's blog (on a break of course!) I had a pile of cataloguing on my desk and the first book that I put my hands on was Pain Management: Practical Applications of the Biopsycosocial Perspective in Clinical and Occupational Settings by Chris Main (2nd Edition, 2008) and the appropriate sentences were....

Tools such as the DRAM, the MPI and OSQP appear to be of assistance and can be used in clinic scheduling and in highlighting patients requiring a more comprehensive assessment. With significant pain problems, this will need to include a clinical assessment by a competent health-care professional and may require further expertise to evaluate and address specific occupational problems. You cannot weigh an elephant on a set of kitchen scales.

That really cracks me up - what a very odd way of ending this particular paragraph!

Anyway, I now tag the following fellow bloggers Alice, Trace, Becca, and the bloggees of booksplease and blogginboutbooks

2 comments:

BooksPlease said...

My answer will be on my blog soon.

Alice said...

Hey Sam, thanks for tagging me! It's up now. :D