Thursday 30 April 2009

unPossibilities

Some of you may remember that I wrote a rather cryptic post on the 31st March about something that I had done but wasn't telling anybody what it was.

Well...it was for a job. I wasn't particularly looking for a new job, but when I saw the advert for Librarian at Somerville College in Oxford, I thought "oooh, I fancy having a go at that". I agonised over the application form for ages, selecting the right words that I hoped would get me an interview.

Unfortunately, such possibilities are not to be as I heard today that I had not been selected for an interview, which is disappointing, but sometimes that happens. Particularly when applying to colleges that are prestigious and expect a high calibre of applicants and I am quite sure that they had a very good response to the advert.

All I say right now is "oh poo". Naturally I am disappointed but the reality is that I have a good job and I don't need to work somewhere else, I just thought that it would make a change and perhaps take my career in a different direction. Still, you never know what's round the corner do you, so perhaps I will find something else or make more of the job that I currently have.

4 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

I'm sorry Sam. It's rather like not getting picked for the team in Junior High.

Grannymar said...

It was not meant to be this time. Perhaps tomorrow has something better in store for you!

Alice said...

Hi Sam, sorry it didn't bear any fruit for this one...

Celia said...

Oh....its how you deal with it that is most important. Look at why and improve upon it, it is usually linked to experience and qualifications. Just look to expand on them which I know you are doing on this course...what was it again? and how are you getting on with that?