Wednesday 10 December 2008

Telepathy

How many of you are telepathic?

I only ask because somebody clearly thought I was earlier today! I was driving home after work today, and as it was nearly 5 o'clock, it was dark with lots of red lights in front of me as I follow the cars down the road towards my village.

It's a dark road with no street lights and so when the cars in front of me appeared to be driving down the road as normal with no indicating signals or anything, I was very surprised to come up hard behind a cyclist! I had to brake a bit hard and pull out around the cyclist - signaling for three reasons - to pull out, to let oncoming drivers know what I was doing and to let the drivers BEHIND me know that there was something going on. For goodness sake, it was that dark that when the cars in front of me went round him, I thought that they were just following the bend because I could not see the lights of the cyclist. (like I said, I am not telepathic and do not know that there is a cyclist in front of you!!)

This is why we have indicators!! To let people know what is going on!!! Ooooh, I was cross.

Having said that, if the person in front of me had seen me at work this afternoon they may well have thought that I was indeed telepathic!! I was just leaving the office to go home (had my coat on, bag over shoulder and keys in hand) when I happened to look back at Ann and she was on the phone and she had this look on her face that I can only describe as saying "the person on the phone wants to speak to Sam, but she's on her way home, what do I do, do I say something or ask them to leave a message, what do I do?!"

It was that clear!! So clear that I went back and sorted out the problem, which was only a small thing. It was funny because Ann said "I didn't say anything" and yet it was so clear that I was needed back in the office!! It's actually quite amazing how much can be said without saying anything.

5 comments:

Kristin - The Goat said...

I can be telepathic at times but most of the time I'm clueless.

I woke up one morning and told my husband "Estell Getty died today" He looked at me and said "How could you possibly know that?" I had no idea. Two hours later it was announced that she had died many hours before I said anything (thankfully)

My husband doesn't pick up on telepathic messages - I know that for sure - because I send him messages all day lol

Thanks be that you didn't hit that cyclist. Oh dear that would have been just aweful on so many levels.

Unknown said...

I don't think I'm telepathic, but my family does. I seem to always know seconds before the phone rings, and many times, I'll know who is on the other end.

And many times my hubby will be at work thinking of a certain food for the evening meal, and I'll cook it without him calling to tell me. Or many times I can answer my daughter's questions before she asks them. I also get weird vibes when someone is sick or injuried.

Does this make me telepathic? I think I'm just in tune with some things, but my hubby swears I can read his mind!!

Trace said...

I'm far from telepathic but so many people think I am. Otherwise why do they come ask me things like we've been having a conversation about it for 10 mins already when I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about? :)

Trace

Becs said...

I am definately not telepathic. Ok but how annoying are people that ride bikes on busy roads??? I understand that some people may not have a car and that is thier only way of getting around. However, those bike riders that are all dressed in their "bike clothes" are just out riding. I can't tell you how many times I have come close to getting in an accident because of a bike.

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow...

I agree words are not always necessary to communicate things.

Oh, I tagged you, will post in a few minutes. xoxoxo