Monday 26 October 2009

The Five Bells…

….is the name of the pub I went to tonight.  I am sorry to say that there are very few pubs in my village that I have been to, in fact I think that tonight was the first time that I’d been to a pub actually in the village.

I suppose I just don’t want to go to the pub alone as that doesn’t feel right, so when a new friend (from the Alpha course) suggested that we go for a drink I thought why not!?

It’s a lovely pub with cosy rooms, a roaring fire and, if you’re quick enough, a set of soft squishy armchairs – we spent two hours sat on these armchairs nattering away attempting to put the world to rights.  Even if it was a Monday night, it was great to go out and just have a good old chinwag – I must do it more often!

I certainly felt very welcome in the pub, which doesn’t always happen as the atmosphere isn’t always right, but this felt like a typical village pub where all the locals go to and there are no “unsavoury elements”.  I shall certainly go back again – if only I could drink cider without dashing to the loo every half hour!! ;-)

3 comments:

Alice said...

A visit to the pub with friends is always a great experience. I love doing that with my friends. Glad to know you had a great time there. :D

jen said...

excellent. i think the solution to the problem is to frequent the pub more often ;o)

Wishing 4 One said...

Hey Sam, isn't this funny...I lost my blogroll, and your blog address. Then I visit Stirrup Queens and am playing the comment game and low and behold you are the commentor above me, yeah! Glad to find you again.