Monday 21 April 2008

The weekend

It's a good job I don't get car sick as it seems as though I spent most of the weekend in the car!

I drove down to see Mum and Dad for the weekend and to help Matt celebrate his 23rd birthday! It isn't actually that far, but I drove down Friday night and then back on Sunday which doesn't seem like much, but then Dad, Matt and I went to Heathrow airport to pick Mum up as she returned from Dubai - jammy thing!

I don't think that Mum would ever have gone to Dubai on her own, but her sister and brother-in-law moved out there about 18 months ago and of course, we all immediately began angling for invitations!! Mum got in first and spent last week out in Dubai doing some shopping and sightseeing - I have already seen all the photos!

If you have ever been to collect someone from the airport then you will be familiar with those people standing at the barrier with pieces of paper that have names on them as they have no idea what their passenger looks like....anyway, we decided to do something silly and stand there with a piece of paper each - M, U, M - we got a couple of smiles and funny looks from people, and sure enough, we picked up the right person!!

Like I said earlier - it was also Matt's birthday and he got exactly what he asked for, which took away the surprise element, but he was definitely one very happy bunny on Sunday when he saw his Indiana Jones hat for the very first time! I know it sounds a bit geeky to have an Indy hat, but it really does look rather good even though it needs a bit of breaking in to get rid of that shiny new look.

No comments: