Friday 12 June 2009

injured laptop

No sooner do I try and get back into the habit of blogging, my laptop decides to give up the ghost!!
 
It is a seriously ill laptop unfortunately and keeps crashing when I try to reboot and I get some nasty error messages.  As I know next to nothing about the inner workings of my laptop and it is out of warranty now as I have had it for about fifteen months I have to take it to somebody that knows more than me!!
 
That's only half the story too....tomorrow I am off to foreign parts (Cornwall!!) and I still have to finish an essay so I NEED my laptop to be in working order. I really was quite panicked last night until I remembered that pen and paper would do in a pinch until I can type the essay up.
 
Anyway, it turns out that there is a computer engineer that works from home in Penzance and that home just happens to be in the road where my B&B is - fortuitous eh?  What was even more pleasant was that when we phoned him to see if he could see my ailing laptop he said that he'd come to the B&B and pick up the laptop - sounds like good service to me.  So, I am really hoping that he can breath life into my beloved laptop and ensure that I don't fail this course at the same time!!  ;-)
 

 

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I hope you are able to get it fixed, Samantha! My laptop's been acting really strange lately--restarting on its own and not wanting to turn off. I'm not sure what's up with it.

Alice said...

Oh dear, Sam. I sure hope your laptop can be revived...

ChrisB said...

Do hope you can get the laptop fixed. Enjoy Cornwall.