Monday 2 February 2009

Satisfaction

There is something supremely satisfying in going to the bank and saying "I want to pay off a loan".

It wasn't all that big (relatively speaking), but over the last few weeks I have been seeing the interest rates on my savings going down whilst still paying the same interest on my loan!! It was about time I got rid of the loan and began saving again!

It's a bit annoying to have to start saving again, but I thought that it was worth it just to get rid of the loan so that I can stop shelling out about £200 a month to the bank and stop having the whole thing hanging over my head.

So, as of today...it's gone. And that really is very very satisfying indeed. Why should the bank have my money when it's not giving me a good rate on my savings. Ok, ok, I agreed to the loan (which I did need at the time) and I knew that my savings weren't on a fixed rate - are there any that are? But it still felt like a raw deal to see the savings rate go down and the loan rate stick fast.

But...yayyyy!! It's really really gone. I don't think I actually realised how much of a weight it was on my shoulders. Like I said, it wasn't a massive loan, but it was obviously just enough to have it niggle at me, and now that it is gone, it feels great!!

P.S. I am now (finally) on twitter!! See my side bar if you fancy following...(or not!!)

2 comments:

Sam_I_am said...

phew, congrats! I wish I could pay off my loan!


ver word: ratess It must be thinking finaces too!

Alice said...

Yay you, Sam! And yay again for being on Twitter! :D