Wednesday 21 January 2009

Wednesday

Heck, I can't believe that it is Wednesday already, I am sure that I posted something just yesterday, but no...Sunday is a good few days behind me!

I have been at university these past three days attempting to make some sense of HRM - human resource management to the uninitiated - all to do with recruitment, performance, absence management, training and lots of other absolutely fascinating stuff!

The previous module about leadership and management was more fascinating as it was about psychology and how people interact with each other, but the basic stuff in HR management is still important too. I just wish that I it was more interesting!!

Still, it explains why I was too pooped to do much blogging when I got home in the evenings!!

Oh, of course, I should point out that I was actually at the ballet last night! Three of us went to see Giselle as performed by the Russian State Ballet of Siberia (they seem to be touring the UK at the moment) and as much as I wanted to snigger when the two male dancers were on the stage at the start, I did enjoy the production and am always amazed at the ability of dancers.
(no, I did not snigger for rude reasons, only because they looked a bit silly flouncing across the stage with their fingers pointed and their cloaks draped around their shoulders, but once I got used to that I was able to ignore it!!)

No comments: