Friday 16 January 2009

One Lucky Blogger

I have indeed been a very lucky blogger lately.  Firstly I had an email saying that I had been lucky enough to get one of my LibraryThing early reviewer books - these are prepublished (or newly published) books that are offered to members of LibraryThing for free on the proviso that they publish a review somewhere.  Actually this is not a RULE as such, but it could affect your chances of getting another free book.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, a book arrived on my doorstep the other day - Mother Teresa's Secret Fire by Joseph Langford.  I don't remember selecting this one! I do however select the books that I think that I would like rather than going crazy and asking for them all!!   Do look out for the review at some point.

And that's not all.  A few weeks ago one of the blogs that I read was asking for a caption to her photograph in exchange for a book selected from her list of books!!  So, if you head over to Bold Blue Adventure you will see the photograph and the caption that I dreamt up! (not the caption that is actually on the photo I should point out!)  Today I discovered that I won that one and I decided to choose Maid Marian by Elsa Watson cos it sounded interesting! (expect that review too!)

And still, that's not all!!!  A few days ago I gave the answer "peloton" to the question "what's this" on Where's My Damn Answer and I was right!! As were a few other people who got it right we all got a little prize, and mine arrived in my email box today - a gift voucher for amazon!! Yes, that's right! So, I quickly scurried over and bought a couple of books - they should arrive next week, but I don't think that I will be reviewing those as they reflect my current predilection for paranormal romances!

Haven't I been a lucky girl?  So, if you come back in a few days you should hopefully seeing my One World One Heart giveaway post where I shall be showing off handmade greeting cards that I will be giving away!!!

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! You have some good reading to do!

I'm curious, though... what are some of the paranormal romances you are reading? Sounds like something I would like too. :)

Katie said...

I just nominated Maid Marian for my on line book club. Sounds like my just sort of read!

Alice said...

You lucky woman! Congratulations!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Congrats on your wins! I've been trying to figure out what I can make for the One World giveaway thanks for reminding me that I have to get on the ball and get that worked out!

Have a great weekend!
Kristin

Unknown said...

Sam, I actually sent the Mother Teresa's Secret Fire book. I'm delighted to hear you received it, and I hope you enjoy it.

If you have any questions about the book please email me. I'm happy to help.

Can't wait to read your thoughts!

BrianBurch