Monday 17 December 2007

Parkinson

Well...the very last Parkinson show was on television last night. I don't normally watch Parkinson, but I certainly had to catch the very last one (although there is a round-up next week of the best of Parkinson) and wished that I had watched it more previously.

Anyway, Billy Connolly was on first and he had me in stitches!! I loved the image of the "bean-bagged" adult - where said adult is stranded on a bean-bag and just can't get up. Other guests on the show were David Attenborough, Michael Caine, David Beckham, Peter Kay (complete with party kit!), Dame Judy Dench and Dame Edna Everage, oh and Jamie Cullum played on piano.

I don't quite know why I didn't really watch Parkinson before, but then most chat shows don't really appeal to me. Then again, I think that Parkinson must be a class above all the usual stuff on the telly! Quite what old Parky will do now I don't know!! All I do know is that I think that for anyone else trying to do the same thing the show will be very hard to live up to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that Parky's diary is booked up for the next two years... by then he will be 75!