Saturday 29 September 2007

Vandalism

Stupid, mindless destruction of other people's property is just nasty. I woke up this morning to find that someone had torn off the wing mirror of my car (my beloved Ford Puma!), it is still attached, but rather forlornly hanging by the wires that connect it to the car.

Of course, even if I had a vague idea of who it might be (a neighbour thinks that it may one of the family the other side of my road - but without proof...?), they are not likely to admit it are they? So, I am just going to have to take the car to the garage first thing Monday morning and get it fixed as it would create quite a hazard when driving along at any sort of speed as it would flap about (and in doing so, probably cause more damage).

Oooh, I am annoyed about it, but somehow not angry as the damage has been done and there is very little I can do about it. I could probably call the police and get it recorded, but what would be the point as I don't know who did it. All I can do is hope that it wont cost too much to repair.

No comments: